Sunday, May 27, 2007

A little short update on the past week.

Wednesday saw me heading out to Vivo City(again!) after work with Jerry and Debo to have dinner. Spontaneously, we decided to catch Pirates and to my horror, it was a tad too long and ended quite late. Other than that, Johnny Depp absolutely make up for the horror by giving a quirky and wonderful performance in the movie.

When you have watched Part 1, Part 2, it seemed inevitable to catch Part 3 too. The company was even better. We dined at a HK cafe before proceeding to shopping while waiting for the movie to start. I think its dangerous to shop with Jeremiah because he is so rich, he encourages you to buy tops that have prices that are over the top(pun intended).

Me: Wah $53 for a top? I think it's too expensive.
Jerry: $53? Okay what, I think it's nice and you should buy it. $53 is not expensive.
Me: -_-"

But other than that, he is quite a good sport because he accompanies me and deb around without whining or complaining. I think we made him spent at least an hour in Forever21 with us. Hahaha.

Charlene! I met up with deborah okay! It was really fun spending time with her, listening to her talk about her life. And it encourages me greatly to see her growing so much spiritually in her walk with God. Deb, we really must spend more time together already. (: Go out often okay.

Thursday and Friday were peaceful, I enjoyed myself at home. Hahaha. I woke up late for the Ref Course on saturday but thank God I wasnt as late as I imagined myself to be. The ref course was conducted in Lecture style and I'm glad to be learning so many technical rules about game. I thought the conductor was not bad because he seems like he knows what he is saying.

I had service and a wonderful time of fellowship with the cell. Sunday had mission training which stretched for quite long. But nonetheless, it was an awesome time and it made me think. In the good way, not the bad way when I watch Greys then anyhow think. The story of the 5 missionaries opened my eyes to the Works of His hand. And although I am not an instant gratification kind of person(I rebuke that thinking severely), I do find myself spiritually short-sighted many times.

Maybe it's like what Sam says, I know the problem but has been too lazy to make an effort to rectify it. You know there are days when you feel so weary and you ask God why does He makes things so difficult for you sometimes. I found out yesterday that it is called 'unneccessary and excessive whining'. Whining like a baby.

If I will just open my eyes to what God is doing and what He is going to do, I wouldnt have time to grumble about how unfair life is. If I did look around, life is not about fairness. It is about making everyday count for Jesus. A few years back I would have rebutt that sentence and said, ' Yeah right, easier said than done!'

But what hits home is that if I would just walk closer to God each day and hear His heartbeat, things like making the right decisions will come naturally. It doesnt have to be very hard, I just got to stick close to God.

Like what I told my rgs girl, admist all these craziness and sadness, I would like very much to hang on to my only constant and that's Jesus. I feel sorry that He is just a history character to so many people around. If only they could see what He is doing..

If we would just see, if we would just listen.

I complained to yz and shiyun a few days ago on why people don't listen to me when I am right about things. I would be the one saying 'See I told you so' at the end of the day when my friends will remorsefully tell me 'You are really right'. It's not I think I am damn smart, it is just because I knew I was right. If only I am this good with exam questions -_-"

Anyway, who am I to say that! I wondered how many times God tells me something and yet I did not obey. And He knows EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. If I did not listen to the God who knows absolutely everything, who am I to show distaste when my friends do not trust in what I say? Even if I may be right, I am still in no position to whine. Steven Curtis Chapman will tell you: God is God, and I am man.

On a lighter note, I conversed shortly with my dear nina via sms today. She told me THE shocking(saddening) news and I think I understand how she feels. Nina don't be sad at least your tutor is proven to be straight. Mine still have people speculating that he could very well be gay. Although I see no signs of gayness in him *growls*

You know once you slip and fell in that slipper of yours, you will never trust it again. It is like you can still go around wearing it but the fear of falling will always be there. Simply because that slipper let you down once. You could pretend that you are okay with the slipper(we all do) but that doesn't mean that you approve of what it did.

Just like what Maroon 5 sings: If you did not hit the ground, doesn't mean that you are not still falling.

This week looks great. Team outing tonight. Training tmr. Missions training on Wed. Holiday on Thurs. Cp team outing on fri. Cell outing on sat(?). Wedding dinner on sun. Packed but looking forward to everything! (:


huiyinggg- wrote on 7:17 PM.